Is it legal to download and use windows 7 and use it for 30 days without activating?

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Hi all.

I have read on quite a few places, that some sort of trial of win7 is legal.

In other words to download from say "http://www.askvg.com/direct-download-links-download-official-original-and-untouched-windows-7-iso-32-bit-and-64-bit/",

install it, and use it for 30 days.

The fact that the download is comming from msft.digitalrivercontent.net makes me think that this must be sort of legit, but I am not sure and I dont want to install something I am not 100% sure is legal.

I wanted to confirm that.
Is it definitely legal and safe to use it for 30 days, and connect to the Internet etc?

Cheers guys (and gals of course).

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Yes you get 30 days to activate Windows after installation during which time it is fully functional. Digital River are an official Microsoft partner for the download :)

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
Thank you very much. Please don't take this as a sign of distrust, but I will wait an other 24 hours before downloading (and using) it. In which time, if the above information is incorrect or incomplete, please guys point it out.

As I said, this is not out of disrespect or anything. Please dont take it as such. :)

Regards