My first complete gaming rig build

Tenrai

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Hey there!
I am currently looking to build up a mid-high end gaming rig. In the past I have thrown together a few spare parts and have got to where i am today, but it is time for an upgrade!
So let's get right to it!

Here is the list I have made so far for the essential parts that I intend to get. I would like to get the community's opinion on it all, as I don't want to spend this money for nothing ^^

Build:
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Case + PSU: Coolermaster CM690 Lite. Comes with Coolermaster GX 650W PSU
CPU: Intel 3770k (Just incase I do decide to overclock at a later date, unlikely, but why not pay a little extra)
RAM - Crucial 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory.

Graphics card will be dead last, will look into that nearer the time. For the time being I will be using my Radeon 6870.
I am also running 3 screens, I do suppose the components listed above will handle this reasonably well (Aside from the GPU...)

I do not pretent to know what I am talking about, I have a very basic knowledge about building up a rig... Unsure on what components are currently the best and what is a waste of money

Thank you very much!!

Matthew Ware
(I was unsure if this forum allows posting of links, so I played it safe)

doesnt sound gaming if you have a i7 in there.

what is your budget and location. that would be my first question before suggesting a build. i probably wont be using anything listed above as there are better options or if your budget can use a workaround

Rugnir_Viking

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
My Veiws:
Great Mobo - Performs well and great surround sound. not sure if this is what you intended but hey :)
great cpu again, standard around the gaming mid/high spec rig
ram again very nice, i can't see any flaws here.

There are however alot of other items to consider:
Storage - Where will your data go? Also to get a big hard drive or fast ssd

PSU - Surely the most important part of the rig, the psu you will need looks like corsair 600w builders:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx600

Case - a nice solid box for all the items to go inside. i reccomend the Corsair 300r for a nice solid build
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-300r

Yes forum almost encourages links :) helps with any data you missed

That setup should be just fine but you may want to consider a radeon hd 7870 for that rig later down the road
3 screens will certainly strain these computers while gaming but 3 screens has always been that way.
unless you want to start spending crazy amounts of money of 5 fps then this is the build for you

Tenrai

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I have the storage all sorted out. I had a 1TB HDD and a 128gb SSD for the OS. Down the road I will be buying another SSD for current games I will be playing for speedy start ups etc. What about the Case and PSU that I posted, pretty good deal - £100 for both the case and PSU

I am in the UK and my budget isn't really too important, I guess ~<£1000
The CPU really isn't okay for gaming??

Thanks

Marcopolo123

Honorable
2d94uo6.jpg

Leave ssd,screen out
Replace motherboard with asrock z77 e4 , replace h80i with cooler master evo. Replace ram with cheaper ones,
Replace psu with 650w cheaper psu
Pick cheaper case

Less 1000 pound then

Gennaios

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
in case you want to build a gaming build then go for the i5 3570k!in case you do rendering go for the 3770k!otherwise dont do that its a waste of money!