HD 4800 driver problems

schpen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
So everynow and then, seems like only when im watching flash videos(youtube or like twitch.tv or justin.tv) I get the error notification on the bottom right that my video drivers have stopped responding. And like my firefox(the browser im watching the stuff on) goes black.. and everynow and then I get blue screens because of it, and get the error video_scheduler_internal_error.. Dont have any problems in playing games, seems to only happen when watching flash stuff. Is this a GFX card problem? or are the drivers for my 4850 just really bad? Is there a more stable version i can download?

schpen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Yep, downloaded them from ATis site.. ive thought about uninstalling them and just using windows update to install them? Dont know if thatll make a difference

Asura23

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

Yes try that. I found that on a site

The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
Scan your computer for computer viruses.
Check your hard disk for errors.

schpen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Well, the hard drive is brand new, and I know I have no virus's, I still get the error after formatting, ill try windows update

Asura23

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

Yea it has to work because it's a gpu driver problem. Good luck :)

schpen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Well I just installed the drivers through windows update, and about 15-20mins later after watching twitch.tv on 720p my computer said the drivers stopped working properly or responding or whatever.. then I refreshed the page immediately after because when it happened the video went all green.. then after the page refreshed my computer blue screens.