Old dell video card in new motherboard?

aschr

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Hi,
So about a year ago my old dell crapped out on me and died. So I decided to build my next computer. The last thing I need is a video card. Right now I'm using intel 4000 onboard graphics. I've been thinking why not use the video card out of the dell since my motherboard has a feature that adds the onboards graphics with the video card. I tried putting it in but it didn't seem like it was all the way in. It wouldn't snap in place. So my questions are: Is my old card compatible with my motherboard and is it worth it.

Video card model number: D33a27
Motherboard: ga-z77x-ud3h

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

aschr

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Ya but since my motherboard has the feature that combines the onboard graphics with the video card graphics wont that make my computer better at gaming than just using onboard graphics?

aschr

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I will eventually when i get the money but for now i just want to get the better performance in games. But does anyone know if dell made their video cards so they only fit on their motherboards. On the old motherboard i got the graphics card from it doesn't have a thing that locks it in place ( it has a different form of a locking mechanism). I think this might be why i won't go all the way in. Btw both are pci-e 16x should I think it should be compatible with the motherboard.