GameStop Named as Backer of $79 GameStick Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
No 3D Accelerator. I have a hard time thinking there is a future for this when it doesn't have a well known 3d accelerator. I dont even know if it has one at all. OUYA has a better long term goal and I have more desire for it. Maybe because it was first to the table or maybe because it has/had such a large number of kickstarters, making me think my chances of throwing away an investement are smaller. Either way more power to these creators but I dont see this being other than android ports of 2d games. Best of luck to them and fellow kick starters

NitzerEbb

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]The real question is, who in the world would buy this instead of say a used handheld with loads more functionality and practicality?[/citation]
Because this can be put on a 60 inch screen for one... its even more portable and can be used in multiplayer games easier than Ouya.

I doubt this has the horsepower for any decent resolutions, or graphics for that matter. I'll give you portability but I just see myself using a handheld more than going over to a friends house and hooking this up. Atleast one I will play on the go and have the ability to play anywhere, anytime. The other... requires a TV... and has rather bad games comparatively.

I just don't see anyone buying these. Maybe if they were around 20/30 bucks.

warbarn98

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Where was the innovation when they came up with this dongle hdmi adroid sticks have been around for awhile now sheesh. All they did was make a custom controller with bluetooth make it so you could snap dongle to controller. These guys did nothing new and with no 3D I don't see it sticking around for very long.

Now if you want to see something kewl you should check out a true portable console that can be used as a hom console here http://www-gcw-zero dot com

ricky_d

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Me kinda like me ol PSP. S-ty resolution but awsome n cheap gamez. Mint condition only $60.
Also playz ol arcade, PSX, NeoGeo. Niiice.
One of these daze me gets a 3DS &&/|| Vita.
Da fun is in da trigger button! Jamal!

amasev

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
[citation][nom]ricky_d[/nom]Me kinda like me ol PSP. S-ty resolution but awsome n cheap gamez. Mint condition only $60.Also playz ol arcade, PSX, NeoGeo. Niiice.One of these daze me gets a 3DS &&/|| Vita.Da fun is in da trigger button! Jamal![/citation]

It's not wireless though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS