cpu temperature questions

Zozz

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
I have an I7-3770K, not overclocked yet just running at 3.5GHz (asus software shows it's running at 3.9GHz right now... due to turbo I'm guessing?)

Idle CPU temperature appears to be around 27C. While playing Skyrim with all settings max on a 1920x1080 res(if it matters) the temperature goes up to an average of 34C after playing for a while.

I'm using a Corsair H100i in push/pull config in a CM HAF X right now. Do these temperatures look like the cooling is working?

I replaced the thermal paste with arctic silver 5. I'm fairly sure I only applied a light coat and wasn't too heavy on the paste.

Thanks!

ihog

Distinguished
Your temps are good, but I would recommend using Intel Burn Test to see how high your temps go. With a stress test, you will be stressing the CPU more than any game would, but it's so you know your temps will never go over what IBT produces.

Also, the max temp for each core in Ivy Bridges is 105C. Preferably, you'd probably want your cores to stay under 90C during a stress test.

henrypenton

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Those temperatures look fine, remember that you will never get below the ambient temperature of your room. I have to say, if you have high quality static pressure fans, a push pull config really isn't necessary as it won't move any more air over the fins.