heavy graphics card pointing down at the edge

phatsnake

Feb 1, 2011
Hi,

I just built a new system with the help of marshallbradley and Cyanide Reverse (thanks a lot for all the advice guys) and my graphics card is the Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950, a heavy card with 3 fans. I fitted the card into th pcie slot and I made sure it got latched and I used the slide thingy to lock it in place and screwed in the 2 screws that connects it with the case. The opposite end of the card that's just hanging in the air is a bit tilted / pointing downwards. Is that okay? Is it going to hurt in the long run? I studied the manual, looked up a lot of youtube videos and I couldn't find a solution for that. By the way the card works fine I tested Tomb Raider on max settings and it's absolutely beautiful. It's just the physical position of the card I'm worried about.

30xcwox.jpg

I was going to reply to the original thread I opened a few days ago but for some reason I can't reply to it anymore :S It isn't locked either. Tomshardware has been acting weird for me lately I've been getting lots 404 page not found

It appears the expansion slots on the back of the case are not properly aligned to the connectors on your board. What case are you using? If it is some cheap ass case they are known to have alignment problems.

phatsnake

Feb 1, 2011
I'm using cooler master storm enforcer, and when I lift the card up from the right side with my finger it goes up to the proper position but falls back as soon as I Iet go

Then it should be fine, your card will not break or get damaged as long as it isnt being forced to slant down.
By the way you could route those colorful wires behind the card so they wont be an obstruction if you remove your card.

phatsnake

Feb 1, 2011
Great! no need to worry anymore. Oh yeah I did, the pic was taken when I was still assembling if you notice no wires were plugged into the motherboard. Thanks for the advice.