Samsung S27B750H - Your opinion

WickedCat

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Hey,

I've been eying up this monitor for a couple of days.
I'm quite stunned by its design and price.

Spec
http://monitor.tech-details.com/Samsung_S27B750H/

Here's a vid from a random guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkz6dHFDh3Q

But I need your opinion about it.

• ■I think it doesn't come with an IPS Panel (not sure, but less viewing angles right?). Is it true ?
    ■Is it 60Hz max ? Would it mean 60 FPS max while playing Skyrim ?
    ■Could I hook up my PlayStation2 to this monitor and a have proper resolution ?
I have poor knowledge when it comes to monitors so..

Any feedback will be helpful!
Thanks!

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
This is a touch screen monitor, and it doesn't show a resolution or refresh rate, which probably means it isn't for gaming. It looks cool, but that doesn't affect performance, and you'll be looking at the screen, not the monitor itself. Look on newegg, they have many monitors designed for gaming that are 27" for less than half of the price. For about the same price as the one you listed, you could get a 2560x1440 monitor or a 1920x 1080 120Hz monitor. This is really a bad deal for a somewhat sketchy product.

Unless you plan on getting over 100 fps consistently, you don't need 120Hz. It supposedly improves overall fluidity, but I don't notice a huge difference.

I have no idea about the last question. If the ps 2 has a dvi out it should work for most monitors.

WickedCat

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Hey, thanks for your answer.

When you say it isn't designed for gaming because their is no refresh rate actually stated, I might have chosen a bad source for the specs.

I don't live in NA, so newegg isn't really helpful apart from checking the products.

I checked from another website, what do you think ?

SAMSUNG
27"
LCD Screen LED backlighting / TFT
1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz
2 ms
1000:1 / 5000000:1 (dynamic)
300 cd/m2
16,7 millions of colors
Widescreen - 16:9
Functions: MagicBright, MagicTune, MagicColor, MagicAngle, Touch of Color (ToC), contraste Mega DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio), Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL), Eco Saving
Class B
Horizontal angle viewing: 170
Vertical angle viewing: 160
Dimensions (LxPxH): 63.6 cm x 20.4 cm x 47.4 cm - with base
6.3 kg
Vertical refresh rate: 60 Hz
Horizontal refresh rate: 81 kHz
Video bandwith: 164 MHz
Connectics: interface VGA
2 x HDMI
Audio in
Audio out
Stereo speakers
Plug and Play
While working 42 Watt
Standby mode 0.5 Watt
120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
What I meant was that when a specification isn't stated, it probably isn't something to be proud of. In this case, I guess not.

Those specs are pretty good, and it looks awesome,so if that seems like a good price for you, go for it. I live in the US, so I'm pretty clueless about pricing outside of here. Sorry about that.