OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PLESCA
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model MM061
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 520 @ 1.60GHz, 1596 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A17, 13/06/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name PLESCA\bobby
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.93 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.17 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.19 GB
Page File Space 3.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I have done everything I have found on websites and other sources to speed up my laptop, but it just seems to get slower by the day.......... Since I switched to TalkTalk wifi services my internet speed also got slower........ When doing an internet sped check all websites I've tried say that my speed is 7mbps-14mbps (i guess that must be good, at least better than my previous speed (2mbps) )

If you have any suggestions please help me........
Thank You :)

That's a pretty old laptop but will be fine for basic use. Re-install Windows clean after backing up your files and making sure you have your programs handy so you can re-install them again. You have enough RAM in the system, and you can't do anything else with the CPU, so a clean Windows setup is your only choice. If you copy your My Documents, Desktop, Favorites, Application Data/Microsoft folders, that should be all the files you need unless you save stuff to the C drive directly. If you want to make sure you don't delete anything, buy a new (or good used) hard drive and keep your existing one as a backup.

eplesca13

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013

eplesca13

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
I have already backed up my files, documents etc. a week ago. so i guess I won't need to back them up again as I haven't put anything important on my laptop........... I don't have a windows disc (my laptop was ordered from eBay with windows preinstalled and I just added 2 extra GB of ram to make it faster. So how,if, can I re install windows without a disc? Thanks :)

You can't, need to get a disk.

eplesca13

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013