what am i doing wrong?

Ok so my motherboard is a ga-ma770-ud3 and my cpu is the phenom ii x2 550be , i tried to unlock the extra cores that have been disabled by amd, my mobo shows 4 cores and i set the ec firmware to hybrid and the acc to per core and added 0.075 volts so it would be more stable and kept the clocks at auto, i restarted my computer but it just stays on doing nothing and my monitor doesnt get a signal so i reset the bios by taking the battery out, what am i doing wrong because ive heard people get onto windows even with defective cores were as mine doesnt even get to the bios. So what am i doing wrong or have i missed something out? Thanks in advance :)
2 answers Last reply
More about wrong
  1. It depends how defective the cores are if they are total duds then it may not boot to anything. You could try adding voltage to a max of 1.5 if still no luck try for 3 cores and note the defective one could be and of the cores not only 3 or 4.
  2. simon12 said:
    It depends how defective the cores are if they are total duds then it may not boot to anything. You could try adding voltage to a max of 1.5 if still no luck try for 3 cores and note the defective one could be and of the cores not only 3 or 4.

How do i try one core all i can do is change the values of each core unless thats how you do it
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards CPUs