Sign in with
Your question

what am i doing wrong?

Last response: in CPUs
March 30, 2013 9:50:40 AM

Ok so my motherboard is a ga-ma770-ud3 and my cpu is the phenom ii x2 550be , i tried to unlock the extra cores that have been disabled by amd, my mobo shows 4 cores and i set the ec firmware to hybrid and the acc to per core and added 0.075 volts so it would be more stable and kept the clocks at auto, i restarted my computer but it just stays on doing nothing and my monitor doesnt get a signal so i reset the bios by taking the battery out, what am i doing wrong because ive heard people get onto windows even with defective cores were as mine doesnt even get to the bios. So what am i doing wrong or have i missed something out? Thanks in advance :) 

More about : wrong

a b V Motherboard
a c 103 à CPUs
March 30, 2013 10:00:03 AM

It depends how defective the cores are if they are total duds then it may not boot to anything. You could try adding voltage to a max of 1.5 if still no luck try for 3 cores and note the defective one could be and of the cores not only 3 or 4.
March 30, 2013 10:06:26 AM

simon12 said:
It depends how defective the cores are if they are total duds then it may not boot to anything. You could try adding voltage to a max of 1.5 if still no luck try for 3 cores and note the defective one could be and of the cores not only 3 or 4.

How do i try one core all i can do is change the values of each core unless thats how you do it
!