Sign in with
Your question

CPU keeping me from booting

Last response: in CPUs
March 30, 2013 3:27:32 PM

Why wont my computer boot?

So i got a new cpu for my birthday which is a phenom 2x4 black edition which is compatible with my mobo. I installed it and my computer would not boot. It would turn on and i heard all the fans running but nothing else. No beeps and nothing on the screen. The same happened when i tried my old cpu. I checked to make sure everything is plug into the right conntacts ect ect and after numerous tries still nothing. Ive tried clearing the cmos as well
If it helps
M4N78 Pro mobo
4gb nvidia ram.
650 w ultra atx power supply
All in an ultra xblaster black case

More about : cpu keeping booting

a c 177 à CPUs
March 30, 2013 3:54:42 PM

did u put the cpu in the correct way? if the old cpu doesnt work maybe the psu or the mobo died
March 30, 2013 8:20:13 PM

lazyboy947 said:
did u put the cpu in the correct way? if the old cpu doesnt work maybe the psu or the mobo died

Yeah I know I put the CPU in correctly. When I boot up I still get the blue power led and the green read/write led but they aren't blinking so I don't know about the psu. I saw on another forum that you can fry a mobo by simply crossing the FireWire and the USB cables? If that's true that may have been what happened because I just double checked the wiring and the front FireWire jack was plugged into a USB contact.
Related resources
March 30, 2013 8:35:47 PM

I DIDNT HAVE THE 12V ATX POWER CONTACT PLUGGED IN!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your help though lazy boy.
a c 177 à CPUs
March 30, 2013 10:44:26 PM

lol wat a simple solution at least nothing is dead
a b à CPUs
March 30, 2013 11:17:33 PM

Easy mistake. Glad you figured it out.
!