PSU or MOBO failure?

Derek Allison

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Computer was working fine up until tonight. Had it in a temporary location during some renovations over the past 2 months, but was moving it back to the original area. Had everything ready to go, hit the power button, then nothing happened. checked everything over, psu switch was on, plugged in, etc, but still nothing. Popped the case open to make sure the power switch connector didn't come lose during the move downstairs, but was ok on both ends. Tried everything again, but still nothing. Then probably 30 seconds later it powered up. I hit the power button again to power it down so i could reconnect everything, and it turned it off, so the switch works. Tried again, same thing. DId not start, but half a minute later it started on its' own. Unhooked everything inside, looked at all the connections, cleaned out the dust, and only hooked up the power to the motherboard, same thing happened. So, does this sound like faulty psu or mobo? I don't have any spares around to pop in and test unfortunately. Any thoughts on the situation?