Video card upgrade for my build. Low budget

Darrell Burns

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
This is my first thread and I am looking for a decent video card to upgrade to with a low budget (around $180 New Zealand) as my current card is not the best out. Currently I have my eyes set on a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 OC 1GB as it is within my budget and looks decent. Also would my CPU bottleneck my GPU?. Here are my specs at the moment:

CPU: Athlon 64 x2 4200+ @2.4GHz
Ram: 4GB DDR2 800MHz
Motherboard: M2N MX SE Plus
PSU: 400W generic psu
Video card: Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3

I hope this is enough information, if not please ask and I will try my best to answer. Thanks :D

ARICH5

Distinguished
welcome Darrell. need to know more info, what is this comp used for? what resolution? to be frank you need a new build...in reality id say keep your 200$ save till 600$ for a nicer cpu/mobo upgrade. you are extremely limited to your 4gb limit on your mobo. id say the 7750 is fine. anymore and youll bottleneck your Athlon.

Darrell Burns

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Thanks Arich5, id like to use it to play most modern games at 1680x1050 on med-high settings if i could. I was wondering if i should upgrade CPU to something like an AMD FX-4130 Quad Core, but then I would have to buy a new motherboard, RAM and maybe a new PSU. If I can I will just get the card because I wont be getting much more money for a while as im still at school and without a job hehehe.