Problem Unlocking extra core(s)

maxpower054

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
I have the following:

Athlon x3 455 @ 3.3ghz
Msi 760Gm p23 95W cpu support

Here's the problem: I enable ACC and unlock cores, restart and no beeps and booting? No bios , everything did turn on however.

I can Boot by doing the following trick:

1. press restart button

2.click power button 3-4 times slowly

Process sometime takes 2-5 tries

Boots fine as a unlocked phenom b55, even was able to overclock all the way up to 3.5ghz but stop at 3.4GHZ due to temps. Tested 24 hours on prime 95 fully stable. I think this motherboard is shit, it wont let me boot naturally. Used this set up for gaming for 5 months.

3 things i was wondering:

1.Is there any negative effects of booting via pressing restart , power button multiple times.

2. Is amd telling the truth that my athlon x3 is trully 95W? when i unlock it is a Propus quad core, and propus quad is also 95W? My temps overclocked to 3.4ghz as a quad phenom x4 b55( Propus ) max temp is 60-62 c on full load. The system temp was 35ish on full load. Oh yea this is all on stock voltage even after the unlock and overclock no voltages were changed. Hovers at 1.32v-1.344v as a quad ( get the same voltages as a triple O.C to 3.85ghz).

3.Should i worry about VRM 's ? The mobo is only for 95w, but i think i'm good, even if the VRMs overheat, which i doubt i'll be purchasing a 125W mobo soon.

All input appreciated

rex4235

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Unlocking cores is like overclocking -- nothing is a guarantee. There is a reason why it was sold as a Tri-core -- either it was a made to be a tri core (AMD disabled one in a quadcore) or it was intended to be a quadcore but one of them was defective. Because its not a guarantee, it may appear to successfully unlock dormant cores, but could have many issues/ failure points