Sign in with
Your question

750Gig drive shows full with only 315 gigs used in Win7

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
March 31, 2013 5:09:53 AM

I was wondering why my laptop (windows 7) was running slow, and after looking I only had a few Gigs of a 750Gig drive left - which made no sense. I have gone and checked every folder of the top directory of C: and only come up with 315 Gigs used. I am administrator and checked hidden files and folders, drilled down to double check certain problem spots (adobe cache). I finally downloaded and used JDiskReport. All come to the same conclusion - my computer is off by 395Gigs when looking at the C drive.

Does anyone have any ideas? Some kind of virus creating a partition windows can't see? Any other ways to see what is going on in that drive that Windows 7 wouldn't catch?

Thank you in advance!
Chris
April 1, 2013 2:30:51 AM

it could be that you might have some unpartitioned space.
try searching in windows for ''create and format hard disk partitions'' and click on it.
it will lead you to the disk management where you can see which partitions you have and if you have some unpartitioned space :D 

also,because it shows 315 gb and almost full it looks a lot like you might have two partitions,every 350gb or something like that :)  anyways,try going there and check it
April 1, 2013 1:42:15 PM

Nope. I checked that to begin with. The disk has one partition. Something 'unseen' is using the space - or something else I have never heard of. Unfortunately it is not partitioned down the middle.

Thank you for the idea... but HELP!!!

lkiseljak said:
it could be that you might have some unpartitioned space.
try searching in windows for ''create and format hard disk partitions'' and click on it.
it will lead you to the disk management where you can see which partitions you have and if you have some unpartitioned space :D 

also,because it shows 315 gb and almost full it looks a lot like you might have two partitions,every 350gb or something like that :)  anyways,try going there and check it

!