Question about CPU temp with liquid cooling

A while ago I installed liquid cooling to my PC, but I feel the temps are way too high, and according to hwmonitor very unstable.

I have a Intel i5 3570k (not overclocked)
The liquid cooling is a EK H30 240 LTX(kit). rad mounted outside my case.

While playing games like GW2, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider at max settings, it usualy is around 50-52c. And I have tested it shortly with prime95 at 57c.

Also my GPU a GTX 660, runs as high as 62c while playing, should I be worried about that? It is not liquid cooled. But I read a while back that anything below 75c is fine.

My case have one 120mm front intake fan, another 120 intake fan at the back and one exhaust 140mm at the top. Antec 302 case.

I haven't been able to find anything related to this with the 3570k in my search, any help is much appreciated.

Also is it normal that degrees drop very fast once the computer is not under stress? Whenever I tab out of a game it instantly drop to about 42c, and when idle it keeps jumping from 32 to 37, never staying stable.
7 answers Last reply
More about question cpu temp liquid cooling
  1. It's not stable because your watter is cooled at same level constantly, not controled by your cpu temps. It's like fan spininig at same rate always. Don't need to worry about that cause it's not spike of temps near the meltdown limit. Those temps are nice under stress altough your CPU should get little cooler with watter cooling on it. I have never used one of these so i can't tell about it's quality and maybe that temp is max to get with this cooling kit.
    GPU temp is great, not to worry about it.

    Best regards :)
  2. I'm not familiar with EK-KIT but those temps sound decent to me.
    I'm surprised the CPU isn't a little lower, but having it in the 50s max isn't bad (i think its threshold for shutting down in is close to 100 degrees).
    The GPU is obviously going to get hotter, but as Feldmarschall said, those are still good temps.
  3. Feldmarschall said:
    It's not stable because your watter is cooled at same level constantly, not controled by your cpu temps. It's like fan spininig at same rate always. Don't need to worry about that cause it's not spike of temps near the meltdown limit. Those temps are nice under stress altough your CPU should get little cooler with watter cooling on it. I have never used one of these so i can't tell about it's quality and maybe that temp is max to get with this cooling kit.
    GPU temp is great, not to worry about it.

    Best regards :)


    Anonymous said:
    I'm not familiar with EK-KIT but those temps sound decent to me.
    I'm surprised the CPU isn't a little lower, but having it in the 50s max isn't bad (i think its threshold for shutting down in is close to 100 degrees).
    The GPU is obviously going to get hotter, but as Feldmarschall said, those are still good temps.


    Thanks for the answers, I should not be worried then.

    Just out of curiosity what setups do the two of you have, and what temps? :-)
  4. I have custom moded Arctic freezer 7 (cheap out of the box) with Q6600 OC'ed to 3.0 Ghz. Stress does not go over 60C, and idle arround 45-46 but fan set to 100%. Gpu is 4850HD OC'ed with stock cooler maxed at 55C.

    Best regards :)
  5. Your temps are about the same as mine, when I have my 3570K at stock, and I have an XSPC Raystorm RS240.
  6. ihog said:
    Your temps are about the same as mine, when I have my 3570K at stock, and I have an XSPC Raystorm RS240.


    Quite annoying to hear that my liquid cooled system is the same as stock.
  7. Lakristian said:

    Thanks for the answers, I should not be worried then.

    Just out of curiosity what setups do the two of you have, and what temps? :-)



    I'm currently running on air cooling, but the last liquid cooled rig i made used a CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i Water Cooler and it peaked at around 45C on max load in Pime95
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cases CPUs