Mar 31, 2013
New build:gigabyte GA-78-MT-USB3 mobo.
AMD FX4130 CPU
CORSAIR CX430 power supply
Corsair vengeance ram 4gig ddr3 1600mhz x2
Zion onyx case
500 gb sata hdd( used)
DVD drive
The mobo will turn on , beep for post, then go to bios load and turn off. It will come back on a few seconds later then off a few and so on. If I unplug the power supply for a few min the first time it turn it on it will run for about 30 seconds then off and on every 3 seconds or so after that.
I removed everything from the case this morning and it would post and go to windows repair tool. I ran the repair tool , took about 20 minutes and it said windows could not repair the problem. This is a used hard drive BTW. I put it all back in the case and tried again. Right back to on- off every few seconds. I insulated the mounting points in the case with electrical tape and same result. I removed everything from the case again and it will no longer stay on. Now it is off and on every few seconds regardless. I tried removing one stick of ram and same. Disconnected everything except mobo and same. Did I fry the mobo? I did look at gigabytes CPU chart and this particular CPU is not listed but several other AMD FX series are. Could they be that different?

I noticed the FX 4130 is not on the CPU Support List, however there is a FX 4150 listed. I believe this is a typo/misprint because the FX 4150 was cancelled and never released.

You can't just install a hard drive that already has Windows installed and expect it to work unless the hardware of the old and new motherboards was very similar. You need to do a new Windows installation.

Jstew600

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Turns out the screw in standoffs where either shorting the board or too short and twisting it. I took those screws out and it runs. I replaced the hdd, loaded windows and its all good!!!