Verifying DMI Pool hang up, attempting to reinstall windows 7 shows "no drivers"

phizzco

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I was fooling around with overclocking my i7 930 when upon one re-start, my computer got hung up on the post screen with "verifying DMI pool".

I tried running command prompt via the windows 7 disc repair to run Bootrec.exe/fixboot and that gave me an error saying "element not found."

I then tried to reinstall windows, but i got errors saying it could not find any proper drivers. I tried both of the two harddrives I have installed, one of which obviously already has windows installed.

I'm not sure what to do from here. I don't see a way to reformat the hard drive that currently has the errant windows 7 version installed and even if I wanted to, I don't seem to be able to install windows on the 2nd hard drive.

Some details about my system:
Mobo: Gigabyte UDXX (not sure atm, its a few years old)
CPU: I7 930
GPU: nvidia 660 ti PE
Memory: corsair platinum 1333 -- 10gigs

I'm guessing something is wrong with the partitioned drive itself, but I'm totally lost as to what to do.

phizzco

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

So I actually do have 10 gigs of ram 2x4 and 1 x 2 atm.

But I do need to say that I figured out what the issue was. At some point I swapped the hdd that was to load by default from the primary to the secondary ( one that doesnt have windows installed). Once I realized this, I switched it back and now its working fine. My OC works as well. I just need a better cooler.

Only took me 6 and half hours to figure out.....

Thanks much! :D