Graphics Driver Issue with ACER V3 571G Laptop

shanchya

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hay guys, Sorry if i post it on a wrong thread. I am using Acer V3-571G laptop with Nvidia GT630M (2GB DDR3), Inter Core i5 3216, and 6GB DDR3 RAM. OS is, Windows 7 Home Basic (64 bit).The problem is, i can not install Graphics driver on this laptop (download form Nvidia site). this laptop is using nvidia optimus, and can switch between intel's builtin graphics and Nvidia GT630M.

Each time i try to install the nvidia driver, it says, "there are no supportable hardware" (or something like that)

For this i have switched the Nvidia Hardware always ON, and try to install the driver, but comes with the same result.

Talked with the tech support from Acer, but i am not convinced!!!! they are telling me only to use their driver (uploaded on Acer site) which is very OLD.

found a tips over net to modify the .inf file. but it is not working.

Can any one plz help me to solve this issue.

my apology for poor english.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Talked with the tech support from Acer, but i am not convinced!!!! they are telling me only to use their driver (uploaded on Acer site) which is very OLD.

Unfortunately, you should be convinced. Laptop manufacturers often use tweaked graphic card so as to fit within the laptop manufacturer's power and thermal thresholds. Only drivers from these laptop manufacturers should be used. Tweaked INF files may remove power and thermal thresholds which could lead to system crashes and/or physical damage to your system.

-Wolf sends

brythespy

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Luckily, the driver for my laptop isn't as old. I have an ACER V3-571G with a GT 640m. try using that driver, or one from another similar laptop, maybe it will support it since it's "close" to your GPU.

Also, note that you always have to install the intel HD 3000(4000) driver first, then the nvidia drivers.