Sign in with
Your question

Computer won't boot to BIOS/POST, no beeps but fans still spin

Last response: in Overclocking
April 1, 2013 1:48:52 AM

I built myself a new computer, it all started up properly with everything running fine. The motherboard came with a program called Easytune6, simply it's an overclocking program. I wanted to check whether everything could handle the boost, it restarted but couldn't get to desktop after a couple of failed attempts. I manually turned it off and reset the BIOS to factory standards but it still couldn't get there. After another reboot there is no beeps to signify there's something wrong, no visual feed to monitor but the fans are still spinning and the case says there's Hard drive activity.

Specs are:
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard
Intel i5 quad-core 3.4GHz processor
Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 2GB Overclocked
G.Skill Ares F3-1866C10D-16GAB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 RAM sticks
Thermaltake Litepower 700W

Please help.
a b K Overclocking
April 1, 2013 3:46:12 AM

Have you tried clearing CMOS?
It sounds like something (either the ram or cpu) was clocked too high and need to be down clocked in order to post.
April 1, 2013 3:46:20 PM

aramisathei said:
It sounds like something (either the ram or cpu) was clocked too high and need to be down clocked in order to post.

Yeah I tried that, I removed the CMOS battery and reset it by shorting the jumpers, nothing worked.
April 1, 2013 9:13:10 PM

Jakob Barrett said:
aramisathei said:

Yeah I tried that, I removed the CMOS battery and reset it by shorting the jumpers, nothing worked.

i always got the same issue when my NB was overclocked\undervolted. could always be the motherboard or the psu also having problems. hard to tell, takes some hardware tests for you to know which is the cause.
Related resources
!