Windows 7 on laptop won't boot

anna12345

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Windows 7 on laptop won't boot - im not techy at all - comp freezes at what i believ is called the 'splash screen' the coloured balls whizz up and make the windows logo then just sit there pulsing depressingly for hours. iv tried booting in safe mode and it crashes, iv used acer erecovery management which says file record segment unreadable for a lot of segments, iv tried boot to last good configuration and apparently the last good config is exactly what iv got now, iv just got an error message to say:computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error, windows installation cannot proceed. anyone any ideas im all out - if not is there a way i can get last few bits i did off the cdd without buying anything bcos if im buying anything it will be a new cdd - ANY ideas would be much appreciated, Anna

ranco58

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Sounds like the harddrive is dead. This is quite common on laptops as people set them on their laps, the floor or bed which blocks the air intakes on the bottom of the case causing the system to run hot and also leads to cloging the cooling fins that the fans blows air through !

Ranco58