Sign in with
Your question

GPU fan spinning but no video out put.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 1, 2013 4:51:24 AM

hello, I recently built myself a new pc less then a week ago and I've had problems since! the computer was working perfectly for about a day then my computer stopped turning on and there was a high pitched noise coming from the psu so I thought it was that the was playing up, so I replaced the psu but still no luck this one didn't even show any life, so I tried the paper clip test which shown that both psu where working so I started to disassemble the pc connecting the 24 pin and 4 pin cables to my motherboard with nothing else on installed and the psu started the pc. I then started adding components one by one to try and figure out what was causing the fault, it turned out to be the front usb ports on my case causing a short (caused by my dogs tripping over my keyboard cable.) so happy that it was working I reinstalled all the components and turned it on and it had life! but it output to my TV so I had another problem. when I remove my GPU and connect the HDMI to my motherboard it all works fine. when I add the GPU neither work. any ideas?

System parts
AMD FX-4 4100 Black Edition 4 Core 3.6Ghz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V unbuffered
Alpine 700W Blue PSU - 12cm Fan 4x SATA
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 760G Socket AM3+ VGA DVI HDMI 7.1 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard
Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB Cache
Samsung SH-224BB SATA DVD Write Optical Drive | OEM
Asus GT 630 2GB DDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card

as is said it was working perfectly before before the first problem now I'm just not getting anything from the graphics card any help would be appreciated.
April 1, 2013 10:01:24 AM

Try re-seating the GPU, checking for debris in the PCI-E -- Ive seen a dust bunny fall into them before when removing/ installing components. Also, you may have reset your CMOS in the entire process, ensure in your BIOS that your display settings are taking PCI-E priority over onboard
April 5, 2013 2:07:04 PM

this has not helped at all =/ really wish that it would have because now im guessing the only solution is a new GPU or motherboard!
!