I want to stream movies from Amazon to my tv through my modem

Tammera1964

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
My tv only has hdmi inputs and it needs to be connected to my modem which only has ethernet cable inputs to watch movies through Amazon. I was looking for a cable that has hdmi on one end and ethernet on the other, but I couldn't find one. I also looked for an adapter. The adapter would need a male hdmi on one side and a female ethernet on the other, but I cannot find one. Any suggestions. I also have a blu ray player connected to my tv, but under the place where you plug it in is says VGA. Is there a cable with VGA on one end and ethernet on the other? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

lukeconft

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
The problem is that Ethernet is a data connection where as HDMI is a media AV connection. Essentially, this will never work. You need to connect your ethernet to a 'Smart' blu ray player, xbox 360, PS3 or some other kind of app based streamer like Apple TV. Your only other option is to buy a 'Smart' TV that can install the Amazon Instant App.
Basically, the device you buy will stream the video through the ethernet from Amazon then present it in a view-able format and output it through the HDMI to your TV.
Hope this helps

If you go here, then you can see what kind of devices you need to get it to work...
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=2315511011

If your computer has a video card that has an HDMI output, you can connect an HDMI cable from your computer to the tv. Whatever is output on the computer will show up on the TV. Download the program to watch movies on your computer and switch the video over to your tv.

Gammyduck

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
Why not just hook your PC to the TV?
sigtoco.jpg