Hard Drive vs. Cooling?

ShadowXization

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
Currently, I am purchasing a new motherboard and a CPU to better my computer performance. These new additions, however, have brought major problems about my computer to my attention.

Currently, I have 6 hard drives in my computer. Four of them are in RAID 0, one is a large 2 TB drive, and I have my primary drive.
The problem with this setup is storage space and cooling.

All of the drives, besides the 2 TB, are 80 Gigabytes large- including my primary OS drive. Soo.. I have about 800 MB left of space in my C drive.. -_-

The logical solution for me is to purchase a new hard drive that could replace the Primary AND the RAID 0 drives and still have enough space left over. A 500 GB or 1 TB drive.

The space is not the only problem though.

My computer runs pretty dang hot.
50c-60c when IDLE. My case is pretty bad- no good fans and bad cable management.

I was wondering if getting rid of all of these hard drives (clearing up cord messes too) would significantly lower these temperatures, or if it is better to get a new case instead that has more efficient cooling.

I am on a tight budget so I can't do both, but I will probably do the neglected option in a few months after.

Thoughts?