Total: 2 votes (1 blank vote)

• Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce Edition
  • 0 %
  • EVGA GTX 670 FTW Sig 2
  • 50 %
  • Other
  • 50 %
April 1, 2013 5:05:40 PM

About to build my first computer and can't decide between the EVGA GTX 670 FTW sig 2 or the Gigabyte GTX 670 windforce edition. Thinking of possibly water-cooling the system later down the line and EVGA seems to be easier to find blocks for, so this is swaying me towards it. But i mainly just want the best value for money. EVGA is only £20 more.

Which has better performance?

Which overclocks better?

Which is quieter?

Basically, which one is better overall?

I'll be using a Gigabyte motherboard if that makes any difference...

Thanks guys!

More about : evga gigabyte gtx 670

April 1, 2013 5:54:07 PM

Personally, I've used nothing but EVGA since my 260 (260->470->570) and Ive had 0 issues. EVGA has great support, and they are tolerant to overclockers. As long as you buy one with the product model number ending in KR (usually adds $20 to the price), it has a lifetime warranty which includes the client overclocking it themselves. Also, I believe that the model you are looking at is built on the 680's PCB which is a plus.
Related resources
April 1, 2013 6:11:47 PM

cookybiscuit said:
Overclocking is down to luck. The Gigabyte is better, lower temperatures and quieter. Only reason to go with the EVGA one is if you have a terrible case that doesn't exhaust too well.

That said, the Asus card beats both. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-tes...

Correct me if i'm wrong but the ASUS model they are using is the "top" isn't it? That's waaaaayyyyy to expensive for me!

April 1, 2013 6:23:09 PM

Nope, and theres no difference anyway. Supposedly the TOP is binned better for overclocking but its not like all the non-TOP cards are deadlocked to their stock clocks.

Anyway, I don't know where you're buying from but a good 7970 is usually the same price, and is the same speed as a 680 rather than 670. Factor in the extra GB of frame buffer, the fact that 7000's overclock and 600's are hampered by the stupid voltage lock and the 7970 becomes pretty appealing.
April 2, 2013 8:59:24 AM

If you venture out on your own, be careful comparing NVIDIA and ATI cards though. Their architectures are completely different. For example, if you're on Newegg.com dont even bother with the "compare" feature as due to the differences between the two manufacturers cards, you cant simply compare clocks, shader counts...etc. It seems misleading that two companies can report specifications in the same units of measure, and it is.
What you SHOULD do is compare benchmarks (real-world performance differences)
Tom's has very comprehensive charts comparing all types of hardware and are very easy to use.
April 2, 2013 9:17:10 AM

gigabyte windforce x3 oc version supercool card
!