Looking for a good StarCraft 2 Heart of the Swarm Gaming+Livestream PC build suggestions.

TTGO

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hey. :)

I am new to the forums and would like to ask for suggestions on a budget PC.

I am willing to save money up to about 1000-1100k

I am new to PC building... well Pc's in general, I really have let my dad choose most of my PC's lately haha.

Fire away! ^^

ryanhmusic

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009

Let's get a little more information on what you want and what you have - there's a sticky'd post at the top which contains a questionnaire you should fill out and post here. That will allow us to be much more helpful in directing and advising you.

Best,
Ryan

TTGO

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

Oh haha.

Well since I'm not really experienced at this it's hard for me to explain.

Well, I am really looking for a stable FPS while live streaming medium-high graphics settings (Starcraft 2 wise.) and for when I am not streaming, well, pretty much the same.

I really need a new case too, it's really old and a lot of the inputs are broken on it :/ My monitor is fine, I am making arrangments for a new mouse.

I also need to upgrade to W7 from Windows XP. Not that I really need to, I just like the wider range in variety for livestreaming options + it isn't so outdated.

ryanhmusic

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009

Why don't you read through the first post here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice really quick and fill out the build guide so you can be as specific as possible so we can help you best.

With your budget just to start I'd go with an i5 3750k and a GTX670 or so...I'm not sure yet though, lets discuss it more once you've filled that out so I can be more specific with the advice!

Best,
Ryan

bburg321

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
I have an Alienware x51 i3 with 8 gb RAM ($811 after tax and shipping) and i can play sc2 hots on ultra graphics while streaming 1080p+ with pandora running and i have dropped a total of 2 frames on my stream. Ever. With $1000-1100 you could upgrade to the i5 and maybe even the i7 and you will definitely be able to do anything.