AMD FX 8320 Custom Gaming PC for sale in Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1642

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Trying to sell my newly built gaming PC.
Everything is new accept for the case, and the PSU.
Anyways, not sure if its OK for me to post my craigslist ad, but it just seems silly to have to rewrite everything, so here you go:
http://houston.craigslist.org/sys/3697674198.html

I feel like the price Im asking is pretty darn reasonable.
I feel like $1250 is priced low enough to sell quickly.

(not sure if I should have posted this here, or in the classifieds section. Can a moderator kindly re-locate this post if need be?)

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

Long story short yes .....
I just looked up every piece you have listed at your Dallas Microcenter and you can get everything but the video card out the door for $720. You will never make a profit on used parts unless it was a custom system for someone in particular.
Also your ad is a tad misleading (parts picker link) 80% of the products you list can be found cheaper at newegg/microcenter TODAY....the video hard is $120 cheaper at Newegg currently. The CPU/Mobo combo you have is listed at microcenter for $210 for the combo. You also have a $250 monitor on your parts picker that is listed no where in your CL advertisement.

In the end Id be willing to say you could reasonably get $900 with video card ...... $1250 and the only interest you will have is people who want it shipped to Nigeria.

dave1642

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013

Well, I priced it at $1300 in the ad and then casually mentioned $1250 to aid me in the whole negotiation process.
And you are right, I have no intention of selling my beloved Samsung monitor, lol.
When I was trying to figure out what to ask for this rig, I did some research around the net and saw people asking for these crazy prices. For example: last generation i5's paired with a GTX 660 with 8gigs of RAM going for $1500....
Also saw an FX 6300 paired with an HD7850 going for $1150....
Im flexible on the price, its just when writing the ad I didn't want to price it at a lower price, only to be offered a much lower price....$900 would be an offer I would have seriously thought about if I didn't have to consider shipping costs. : )
But I can definitely see where you are coming from...
But answer me this:
If this was your rig, and you wanted to sell it only to use the money to buy/build another computer; do you thing that you would be able to get enough money out of it to be able to build something better?
I'd like to use the money to buy a GTX 680, and either a 3570 or an entry level i7. But I am a dreamer : )
I had one buddy tell me that Im selling myself short, and that my 8320 rig was really good....that I shouldn't be so quick to think it would be easy or cheap to build a computer better than this one.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
yeah I agree with you 100% $900 would not include shipping costs. Watch out for CL though I have sold a few old gaming builds and when they show up and I let them try it out they are like awesome I will take it. But uhhh even though we said $700 I only brought $500 can you do that. . . . then after I say no way sorry. They magically find another $200 in their other pocket or car.

It is a nice build but most people wont pay top dollar for it on a site such as Tom's. I'd even lower the asking price to $1100 and say firm, if contacted say the lowest you will go is $1000 , and you can probably move it for $950.

dave1642

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013

I was thinking the same. I was actually offered $1000 a few days ago. I wasn't as...."educated" then as I am now...
But ok! thanks, and I hope in the end I can make the leap over to intel without sacrificing the GTX 680 I been eyeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.