Comp Not Recognizing 2nd monitor

WTFO

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
running duel screen and today i wake my comp up and only 1 monitor turns on. i hit the power button on the second thinking its just not turned on and nada. right click and go to 'screen resolution'(win 7) and 'detect'. no other monitors are detected. i switch all coords on my monitors and the placement in the mobo trying to narrow it down to bad cables or a bad connection. working screen works fine in both slots while other screen works in neither. the screen does show an orange glow where the power button is so i know its getting power. any ideas?? running 2x acer g235h...well 1 now. thanks in advance.

WTFO

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

no...no mods no updates...doesnt even show 'no signal' when comp starts up now.

WTFO

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

swapped power coords again just to check...working monitor is up other is still down but showing it has power running to it(via power button light on)...airm3n where would i look at to check that

Airm3n-1292454

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Its like the button on your tv remote some monitors will autodetect which input is being used others do not. When you click it it should say something on screen like hdmi vga or dvi depending on which connections your monitor has. Its possible that it was pushed by accident. Try resetting your monitor to default if you can get into the menu setup.

WTFO

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

checked in nvidia control panel...where it used to show 2 monitors it now only shows 1... says connector is dvi-pc for the monitor it sees...still searching for other monitor

WTFO

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
additionally when i choose 'set up multiple displays' and click 'rigorous display detection'...it says it was unable to find additional displays...anything you can walk me through i havent tried

WTFO

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

wow never even saw those i feel so dumb...however when pushed on working monitor it flips auto from vga -> dvi...other monitor shows no signs of life besides the glowing power button letting me know power is pumping to it...screen has yet to turn on

tried flipping working monitor to vga...but it will auto correct back to dvi so i dont think that would be the problem...but i dont know im past head scratching right now...thanks for the help so far airm3n

WTFO

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

Ok so I went to bed last night frustrated and defeated...asked the wife this morning if she knew it was dead and she said no it worked for her that day...she gets up shuts down the comp unplugs the monitor plugs it back in and starts the comp and it must be Devine power bc that mother started for her...so I'm back to running dualies...I <3 technology.