Internet keeps on timing out at the same time everyday. Please help me.

Rocklesson86

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Everyday at 1am, my internet connection likes to time out. For awhile it used to time out at 12am. This is what Firefox tells me. ''Connection has timed out. The server at www.facebook.com is taking too long to respond.'' I did everything I could think of to get it to work. Cleared everything in history option. Ran PC Cleaner, Defraggler, Malware Bytes, and Avast Anti-virus. It is not just my laptop that is having this problem, my mum and sister's laptop are having these issues too. Called Time Warner Cable and they said my internet connection was connected from their end at all times. What can I do to fix this problem. Time Warner seems like no help at.

lukeconft

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
If this is happening at the same time everyday it is probably due to high utilisation.

When working normally, try a ping to www.facebook.com and look at the average response time in (ms)

Do the same again when it is not working correctly and compare the average response times. If you are seeing a significant increase (hundreds or thousands of ms) then you are most like looking at latency caused by high utilisation. I'm not sure what the rules are like in the US, but there probably isn't anything you can do, apart from change provider.

P.S I'm assuming you are doing this from home and the their laptops are getting the issue from the same building?

Rocklesson86

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

I did the ping thing yesterday after it went off and before. The average MS went up from 58ms to 60ms. So you are saying that is bad? Well we are going to be moving soon and maybe the internet will be better in our next place.

lukeconft

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Those are both standard response times. Are you all accessing through wireless?

Next time it happens type the following:

ping www.facebook.com -t

this will ping it forever, until you press ctrl+c

After it's done a few hundred pings press ctrl+c to stop it. It should tell you how many packets are being received and how many are dropped or "request timed out" as well as the average speed.
If you are all having the issue and all on wireless, it may be an environmental factor that is slowing down your communication, such as a microwave or something.

Hope this helps a bit.