Old build finally laid to rest?

CAwolf

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
My current setup is:
e8400@stock
Asus p5q-pro
OcZ Reaper 6gb ddr2 1066 (had 8gb but a DIMM slot went out on me after warranty)
WD Black 1tb
recently (past month) I have replaced:
Seasonic 550H -----> Seasonic 660XP2 (current)
Asus 4750 ------> HIS 7850 (current)

She was overclocked for a year or so in the beginning to 4.2Ghz on air

Everything ran smooth for the first month or so after installing the new components then I put her to sleep one night and well she never came back from that slumber. I tried replacing the PSU with my old 550 thinking it was infant mortality with the new 660XP, but she just wont come back from the dead which is leading me to believe it is NOT the PSU but the MOBO/CPU/RAM.

I get power LED on the MOBO just fine NO fans NO post, when I go for the power button she just doesn't whirr up.

I have tried all sorts of troubleshooting outlined here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I just need to know if its finely time to bench my baby and look for greener pastures (New MOBO/CPU/RAM).

CAwolf

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

Thank you for the response. Would you happen to know of a good place to find some well cared for used gear? Is E-bay good enough? Are there some enthusiast boards that have WantToBuy/WTTrade/WTSell sections?

CAwolf

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

I appreciate your input. I had been thinking it was only a matter of time for the MOBO to flatline, 6 years of near constant use with minimal problems is too good to be true. Seeing as how the CPU has been in socket for the duration, and I open her up monthly for dustings; I am more partial to believing MOBO failure.

I have one more question if you would care to oblige: I have a CM Hyper 212 for the 775 socket will it be compatible with the 1155? I realize they are slightly different in size, but is it possible to purchase a spare mounting bracket for the 212 and be able to use it on the 1155 socket? I would rather spend 4-5$ for the bracket than 30$ for a new cooler.

I'm not sure where to get used parts, though I personally wouldn't trust ebay.
You can contact coolermaster and see if you could buy a lga 1155 mounting bracket off them, sometimes they might give it to you for free.

g-unit1111

Titan

The mounting bracket that's included with the 212+ and 212 Evo is the same mounting bracket that is used for AM2/AM3/LGA 1366/LGA 1156/LGA1155. Chances are good that the mounting standoffs aren't properly aligned. I've had that happen on a couple of occasions.