Help me configure my mouse...

rafa360

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
First thing is: I have never had a nice mouse before, all generic, no options , modes, etc.. I just bought a g9x and Im loving it

I need some help with the dpi, I dont know if I shoud put the dip on the min/max and the adjust the "pointer speed" on the mouse setting on win7 or the inverse...
(I ask that because I know that if I put the software volume on max and adjust the volume on the speaker, youll get better sound)

And what is the "Enhance pointer precision" under the mouse setings?

As far as the DPI thing goes, I really can't see a difference between the two methods. Due to simplicity, and how my Logitech scripts work, I prefer to leave Mouse speed as default, and set my DPI to about 1800. MoveMouseRelative() moves the mouse by a pixel count if mouse speed is default, it ends up scaling if you mess with mouse speed. This likely doesn't matter to you, but it does to me.

I see most people prefer not to use Acceleration, I'm not entirely sure how it exactly affects you.

EDIT: looking up what acceleration does, it appears that it makes it so that the pointer moves a further distance if you move your mouse faster. So normally, when you move your mouse from point A to point B, it always moves the pointer the exact same amount regardless of how fast you move the mouse to that location. With acceleration, the speed at which you move from point A to point B is taken into consideration on how far to move the mouse.