Radeon 7950 or GTX 660 ti

Jared Bohager

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
As of right now the Sapphire 3 gb edition 7950 is like, 270 on tigerdirect, and also comes with Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3. The evga 660 ti (FTW edition, with 2 fans) is 290 after rebate with no game bundles.

I've looked up benchmarks and it seems the 660ti is better in pretty much every category, but barely. Not a good enough difference for the price and game bundles that the 7950 comes with. (Not to mention the 3gb GDDR5)

The only thing that's holding me back from purchasing the 7950 is Nvidea "physx". It's somewhat persuasive. Is it really worth it? I feel like if i bought the gtx 660 ti i would have a more future proof card. What do you guys think?

getbacktosrinu

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
PhysX = depends on your games... Are you really interested in Batman: AA & AC and Bulletstorm and like all the extra effects that PhysX gives you... then yes.

Or else, a straight no.

The day you decide to overclock (which most certainly you should), you will realize that the 7950 will reach almost stock 7970 levels. The 660 Ti can't be overclocked that much.

Also nowadays, many games are optimized for AMD cards as well. Look for the Gaming Evolved logo.

And the free games are a great factor too, IMO.