pc slow and freezing need help

Franksdav

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
hello
i have been having an issue with a 4 months old vaio
all of a sudden the laptop starts slowing down a lot and freezing from simple things like a right click, or changing programs,
the issue started from no particular moment or program instalation
i have runned antimalware antispyware antivirus installed updates form windows and vaio
cleaned registry updated drivers defragment disc checked hard disc for errors
and formated from factory data and settings 4 times
when the pc lags the task manager cpu use spikes to almost 100 % and the cpu activity led in the laptop stays turned on, not blinking like it normaly does, otherwise the cpu use goes down to almost 0 and the cpu activity led turns of until it goes out of the freeze

the pc has 4gb ram
intel core i5
500 gb hard drive almost all empty from the factory format
im using win 7 home premium ( factory) i used ultimate before the format

i have come to think it may be hardware since i think i already run every software solution to the problem and it seems useless but maybe someone here can help
thanks

Franksdav

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

tj max 100 C
core 0 56 C min 52 max 66 load 11%
core 1 54 C min 51 max 61 load 11%

Franksdav

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

no i haven't installed anything, its just as it came from the box it came with

windows home premium 64 bits and i upgraded to ultimate 64 bits i used it like that for everything and had 0 issues until the last couple of weeks, when i reseted it to factory configurations it reinstalled the home premium and all factory data but wiping everything else, still the problem is there

The symptoms you describe I typically associate with (in order) Heat, Driver fault/corruption, Hard Disk fault,... RAM - you've fairly well eliminated all of those possibilities except ram which I'll suggest running memtest86 free here - http://www.memtest86.com/ (I'll suggest a few runs of the test) If you come up clean there, I think contacting Sony to begin an RMA dialogue may be in order since that would suggest to me the motherboard or CPU is at fault