new graphics card dosent work!!why?

vasilizzz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
i bought a new graphics card and when i place it and turn on the pc.the pc doing much noise and nothing appears on the screen

illdubb

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Switch from onboard graphics to external? Maybe a driver conflict? or maybe your PSU doesn't have enough juice for it...

vasilizzz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

*when i remove the card all works fine!!!psu is ok...how to switch from onboard to external??what are you mean?

illdubb

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

Leave card removed, go into bios, search for a graphics (maybe in advanced tab?). Switch "primary display" (or similar title) to PCI. Also, boot normal without card, and remove old drivers from old graphics card (if any), as well as installing most up to date drivers for graphics card. Can you list the specs of your pc, gpu, psu?

vasilizzz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

intel pentium 3ghz
ram:3g
windows 7 64 bit
psu:600 watt
and this is the graphics card: Sapphire 5450 1GB DDR3

illdubb

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I have no idea why you're computer isn't recognizing the card by default. Can you see your bios screen when you have the card installed? Is the card seated properly? Try this: Boot with card not installed. Install CD that came with Graphics Card (all drivers). Shut down, and install graphics card, then reboot. If you still have no signal, then it could be the card. But funny question... Do you have the cable installed to graphics card VGA port/HDMI/DVI(Whatever you are using)? Because once a graphics card is installed, you can no longer us the old vga/dvi port.

vasilizzz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

no i cant see anything.NO SIGNAL and the graphivs card is ok cause i tested on onorther pc

illdubb

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Boot it with the card not installed and install the driver disk that came with the card. Then turn off, install card and see if it pics up a signal. Note: Use the Connector on the graphics card, and not the one you use when the card is not installed.

TRENDING THREADS