Report: Google to Launch New Nexus 7 in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I bought my Nexus 7 in August, about 7 months ago when it launched. Part of me doesn't want to update unless the newer version is a considerable improvement. If they are updating every 12 months, it may financially better to skip the 7^2 and get the 7^3... That being said, tt's so cheap I may cave to upgraditis for the Qualcomm processor, smaller bezel, and higher resolution screen.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
[citation][nom]nhat11[/nom]Hopefully the next batch will be a little cheaper than it is now[/citation]

Oh god, $200 for a high end quad core tablet. What more do you want? Google and Amazon don't make hardly anything off the hardware, how much cheaper could it get. Yea, Apple charges $500 for a $220 iPad, that could be cheaper, but how much lower could Google go?

I was real excited for the Nexus 7, I paid $269 shipped for the 16GB the day it was announced, but it's got that glitch in the early batch where it runs like crap when it starts to fill up. There should have been a recall. Honestly, I just use my GS3, it's way faster to me.

InvalidError

Titan
I do not really want to upgrade my N7 but the new model with 2GB RAM will be tempting assuming it is manage properly - as in keeping more applications and data in RAM so applications do not have to reload everything when you switch in/out of 'em. This is particularly annoying when you accidentally hit the home-screen soft-button and then have to spend 10+ seconds waiting for the app/game to reload.

I really wish the Power button had an extra option to show/hide on-screen system buttons. One game that shows particularly well how easy it is to hit those soft-buttons by accident is Glow Hockey.

ninjustin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Why would one need to upgrade from the Current Nexus 7? What can it not do now that you would like other than HDMI or some other TV output?

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Damn, and I was just about to buy the current Nexus 7. I suppose I can wait, considering that it's just something that I wouldn't mind owning.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ninjustin[/nom]Why would one need to upgrade from the Current Nexus 7? What can it not do now that you would like other than HDMI or some other TV output?[/citation]An IR blaster would be nice. It's the sole reason I went with a slow GT2 7.0 instead of a speedy N7. That and I got the GT2 for $150.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]kawininjazx[/nom]Oh god, $200 for a high end quad core tablet. What more do you want? Google and Amazon don't make hardly anything off the hardware, how much cheaper could it get. Yea, Apple charges $500 for a $220 iPad, that could be cheaper, but how much lower could Google go?I was real excited for the Nexus 7, I paid $269 shipped for the 16GB the day it was announced, but it's got that glitch in the early batch where it runs like crap when it starts to fill up. There should have been a recall. Honestly, I just use my GS3, it's way faster to me.[/citation]

Send yours back to Google, they replaced mine

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Andandtech just did a 3DMark for Android... The Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7 kinda brought in the rear - http://www.anandtech.com/show/6875 [...] ce-previewMakes me want to update mine in July, lol[/citation]

The 4th enervation iPad 4 wipes the floor with all those tablets in the OpenGL tests, just buy an iPad 4 ;)

Only joking, the Nexus 7 is a joke though. I bought one thinking 12 GPU cores and quad core CPU was going to ensure a fast responsive device, and sadly it's as slow and glitchy as my first generation iPad 1. Mine also slows to a crawl as memory gets more than 50% full. Lets hope this time Google do a little more product testing.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]pacomac[/nom]The 4th enervation iPad 4 wipes the floor with all those tablets in the OpenGL tests, just buy an iPad 4 Only joking, the Nexus 7 is a joke though. I bought one thinking 12 GPU cores and quad core CPU was going to ensure a fast responsive device, and sadly it's as slow and glitchy as my first generation iPad 1. Mine also slows to a crawl as memory gets more than 50% full. Lets hope this time Google do a little more product testing.[/citation]

OMG, you said the *pple word!?!? And you said the i*ad was better than a brick!?!?!

You're gonna get spanked so bad by the fanboys... ;)

ruffopurititiwang

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]OMG, you said the *pple word!?!? And you said the i*ad was better than a brick!?!?!You're gonna get spanked so bad by the fanboys...[/citation]

...says the kettle to the pot

Status
Not open for further replies.