Sign in with
Your question

Final thoughts about first build?

Last response: in Systems
April 3, 2013 4:23:17 PM

Hey guys, I think I've come up with my final build after a week of thought and research etc. Here is my build at this time:

CPU: Intel Core 5 3750K
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU 2GB
Optical: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM
RAM: Cosair Vengeance 1600 MHz 2x4GB
MOBO: ASRock 277 Extreme4 Motherboard
Opital: LG GH24NS95 24x SATA
Wireless network: ASUS PCE N15 adapter (Need for me)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two case.
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 520 W Modular HCG-520m
I'm pretty set on getting this build for my first actual PC. Mainly for WoW and internet browsing.

More about : final thoughts build

April 3, 2013 4:38:46 PM

Nice build. Nothing I can see that needs a fix. How much is this thing total?
April 3, 2013 4:50:25 PM

realchaos said:
Nice build. Nothing I can see that needs a fix. How much is this thing total?

Just over 1200 with the OS included. Excluding shipping
Related resources
April 3, 2013 5:03:00 PM

Only thing I can see is that you need a aftermarket CPU cooler to go with that K model CPU, I assume you plan to overclock since you got the K cpu and z77 MOBO.

If your budget is tight just use less RAM 8gb is enough for gaming and use the money saved to get you a CPU cooler.

Most would recommend a CoolerMaster 212 evo that can be found for under $35.

If you dont plan to OC you dont need the 3570k or the Z77 Mobo and can save $$$ buy getting a 3550 and a H77 Mobo.

But a nice build overall, good job.
April 3, 2013 5:05:00 PM

rojodogg said:
Only thing I can see is that you need a aftermarket CPU cooler to go with that K model CPU, I assume you plan to overclock since you got the K cpu and z77 MOBO.

If your budget is tight just use less RAM 8gb is enough for gaming and use the money saved to get you a CPU cooler.

Most would recommend a CoolerMaster 212 evo that can be found for under $35.

If you dont plan to OC you dont need the 3570k or the Z77 Mobo and can save $$$ buy getting a 3550 and a H77 Mobo.

But a nice build overall, good job.

Hey, thanks for the advice but I wasn't planning on OC as of yet. I was thinking of purchasing an after market cooling afterwords and also the exact model you have noted there.
!