Correct Power Supply?

clawsome

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
After months of reading these forums I finally started ordering parts for my build. The parts I have ordered are below. I also have (shipping) ordered the psu NZXT HALE82 HALE82-750-M 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified. My question; Will my psu be compatible with everything? The description does not list the ATX version and I though I read somewhere that it needs to be ATX version 2.2 or later. I got in a hurry when I saw the combo and hope I didn't miss the vital detail. Thanks anyone and everyone. Any other thoughts for a first-timer are encouraged. Sorry for the repost but I wanted it in discussion form. Also, apologies if this is a stupid question, Its my first build. Thanks again.

case: COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Cpu: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Video Card: I am either going with evga 650 or 660 ti (any thoughts on that are appreciated)
HD: refurbished seagate 1tb 7200 rpm...and am probably going to get a SSD for my operating system in case the refurby is a dud..
Operating system will probably be Windows 7

Upgrades

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
It should both fit and be compatible with your other components. If it is too big for your case (which I'm 99% sure it isn't) just remove the HDD/SSD cage.

Hi - It's compatible. Also way more than you need. You can save $$ if you wish,
as either 660 & 660ti can run on a quality 450w PSU or less.

clawsome

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Thank you everyone for helping me and looking into it. As for having more than I need I was wanting to keep headroom for future improvements. I plan on overclocking the cpu at some point....at which time I'd need a better cooling system than stock. Also, adding another video card for SLI and maybe some more hdd's...and whatever else I can fit in there. I'm not going to do all that for sure. Any other suggestions? You guys are great. Just installed the cpu/mobo now just have to pick a video card and wait for my memory/psu to come monday!!

Upgrades

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
GTX 660 Ti will perform a lot better than the GTX 650 and 650 Ti, obviously. It delivers double the performance of the GTX 650 Ti. Depends on your monitor resolution and what settings you want to play at.

clawsome

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Well, I'd like to play at the highest settings (I believe its ultra) for starcraft II HOTS. From what I can gather it is more CPU driven than Video card. I don't want to cheap myself out of room for the future, by going with a 650 but don't want to spend any more than I would on a 660 ti. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know the screen resolution but I do believe its HD because of the HDMI port. Ridiculous to build for just one game but I'm hooked and have been for a while...

TRENDING THREADS