Digital Vibrance&Color/Brightness Issues! :(

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Hello.
I have an Asus 670GTX + LGIPS237 LED monitor on HDMI (1.4).

This monitor is brand new. I wasn't satisfied with the colors and brightness as both were dull and dim. So I turn to use Digital Vibrance via the Nvidia Control Panel (-->Desktop Colors etc..).

When I change the values from default 50% to 88% or any value for that matter - The colors become WAY more vivid and the screen looks sweet.
But EVERY TIME MY PC RESTARTS THE COLORS BECOME LESS VIVID, LESS DEEP and a bit too white-like.
They are still better than 50% though.

So I open the Nvidia control panel - and the moment I touch the scale - for example from 88% to 87% - THE COLORS BECOME AMAZING AGAIN, and it seems like my display goes back to its amazing brightness and contrast.

What the hell is this issue? It is a pain messing with the Vibrance on every boot.
Can anyone help me find a solution?

Please try it for yourself - restart the system and decrease/incease the value of vibrance even by a single digit (in my case it becomes better by like 30%)

Ransome

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

How? What should I do?

[This monitor is poorly supported.. it came with only a version 1.00 driver (that's also the only thing available in the web) that doesn't do anything, so I decided not to install it (doesn't help the issue). And Also a True Color Finder that isn't compatible with the screen, and is probably more damage than it helps..]

edwinjr

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Hi, did you fix it?
I have the same problem now. it happen only on HDMI cable. The color and brightness is washed out, slight change on digital vibrance setting fix it. but it will reset every time reboot or change resolution.