Sign in with
Your question

Need help deciding what parts to buy for building a gaming PC

Last response: in Components
April 4, 2013 4:24:08 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be building a PC on which I'll be gaming and occasionally doing some rendering. Here are the parts I have so far:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K
Video card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 graphics card
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 4x 8GB DDR3

I am considering getting an ASUS SABERTOOTH X79 motherboard, but I'm not sure about it yet. I need to buy a Wi-Fi card and power supply. I'm undecided about whether to get a dedicated sound card or not. Regarding a cooling system, I'd prefer water cooling, but don't know which one to get yet. Any help about which motherboard, sound card, network interface card, surge protector, optical drive and cooling system to get would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: I'm also going to be using a 256GB internal SSD and a 3TB internal HDD.
April 5, 2013 12:54:06 PM

Hi dude ,
i will suggest these parts to play games in 1080P on 60 frames/Sec (no lag)
Mother Board :- ASrock 970 extreme 3
Ram :- Patriot Viper 3 16 GB (2*8) bus 1600
VGA card :- MSI radeon HD 6970 GDDR5 2GB
CPU :- AMD FX-8350 Eight CORE X8 970
if i missed any thing just reply to this comment and i will give you a nice thing to buy
and if you don't have this much of money reply to this comment and i will give you cheaper parts (won't last for a long time)
hope i helped :) 
February 1, 2014 4:34:08 PM

The parts you mentioned is perfect. If I had the money I would have built something like that. The sabertooth is nice and if you can afford it then go for it. I'll get to the rest now.
February 1, 2014 4:51:14 PM

This is what I recommend: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2LB2a .... I suggest taking the 780ti instead and I included a sound card in there. I didnt know what your budget was so yeah just check and see if its allright. and also I couldnt find surge protectors sorry :) 
!