Computer automatically starts loading pics from card

christiennick

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
My computer just started automatically uploading the pics from my SD card when placed in the card slot. This is taking so much time, b/c I already have most of the pics on my computer. How can I get it back to where I manually open the F Drive and find the pics I want instead of waiting for the computer to go through all and then delete the ones I dont want? I'm thinking when my daughter used my computer and camera she clicked something she should not have when she placed the card in ugh :( So frustrating Thank you in advance for your help

maysje

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Hi christiennick,

It sounds like the convenient little feature in Windows called "AutoPlay" is causing your problem. If you are using Windows 7, open the Start menu (windows orb) and in the search box type "AutoPlay". Select the option "AutoPlay" from the list and a new window should appear with a few drop-down boxes. Find the media labeled "Pictures" and select "Take no Action" from the drop-down box to the right. This should prevent pictures from being auto downloaded from your SD card.

Alternatively, you can turn off AutoPlay altogether which removes those annoying popup windows.
To do this, just uncheck the box that says "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices" at the top of the window with all the drop-down boxes.

Hope this helps!