AMD & Adobe Collaborate: Next Version of Premiere Pro Supports Hardware-Acceleration on AMD Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds about right. Good for AMD.. OpenCL is supported by all the major players and that is why Adobe is using it. Screw all that proprietary gpu crap (cuda) and use something that can go from an AMD gpu to a Nvida gpu to even a lowly Intel built on gpu (Ivy bridge class or better with new drivers)....

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Would expect that it will soon translate over to the professional CPUs and GPUs. Would help with 3D development, particularly in game development, since for the next few years at least the console technology market is going to be controlled by AMD.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Haha.
No complaints against not starting the graph from 0?
No one saying "anti-competitive"?
No one saying "well, we don't know what cards they've compared to, which drivers, we want independent benchmarks"...

I get that AMD's the underdog...but at least be fair! :p

Anyway, i wonder if this will be AMD-exclusive? Or will it work with everyone?

[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Haha.No complaints against not starting the graph from 0?No one saying "anti-competitive"?No one saying "well, we don't know what cards they've compared to, which drivers, we want independent benchmarks"...I get that AMD's the underdog...but at least be fair! Anyway, i wonder if this will be AMD-exclusive? Or will it work with everyone?[/citation]

Unlike with CUDA, both AMD and Nvidia have an equal shot at great performance with OpenCL and Direct compute, so it's the opposite of being anti-competitive IMO.

I've never complained about some graphs here not starting at 0.

Your third point is a good one, but it should be already known IMO. Never listen strait to the companies' numbers when they're this vague.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]..I get that AMD's the underdog...but at least be fair! Anyway, i wonder if this will be AMD-exclusive? Or will it work with everyone?[/citation]
Yeah, embracing open standards accessible to all players is so anti-competitive, shame on you for not creating nVidia's CUDA like propriatary crap, AMD, shame on you!

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Adobe has added some AMD support to their Mercury engine already (I forget where I read that but it's on Adobe's site). It's just that nVidia CUDA is better supported because it was there first.

Here's hoping Adobe switched to OpenCL.
And even GIMP has started adding OpenCL support.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Reply didn't post, so there may be a double.

But yeah, folks calm down, i wasn't entirely serious! :D Expected the backlash, though.
But yeah when it's Intel or Nvidia related there are lots of comments like that, which is what i was poking fun at.

I know OpenCL is open (duh), but i was simply wondering whether this deal b/w AMD and Adobe is like the AMD-Corel tie-up for WinZip (initially restricted). That's all. The rest wasn't serious.

Blzorthon: Never even mentioned you man! :D

And anyway, whether or not the graph/chart starts from 0 or not is inconsequential, it's a kink, it doesn't mean much. You're supposed to look at the numbers at the side as well, not just the graphic. Again, it's usually Nvidia not starting graphs from 0, and people keep going on about it even though it's stupid.

And does anyone remember the comments on FCAT? "Oh noes nvidia made tool definitely skewing results!"...

Intel increases performance 10% every year, they're flamed for it, Vishera just about out-performs Deneb and it's like "Woooooo! Go GO GO".

So yeah. Wasn't serious, but i have noticed this over affection for AMD, perhaps ARM too ("Intel cant do shitz, too inefficient!").

Was just calling it out. Not particularly saying anything about AMD, more about the Tom's community, or maybe the tech community in general.

Relax. :lol:

how dare you poke the fragile ego of c.a.l.f.
don't you know they break at the slightest flow of air... or vacuum..
you sir, should be ashamed of provoking people who put their entire self-worth into disposable tech products and worthless brand loyalty.
- i wonder if this is the kind of reaction you were looking for... i'm just covering the angles. :ange:

Power25

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
God,i was so frustrated when found out that some of application use CUDA and some of application isn't GPU accelerate for certain software. AMD offer better hardware and value which the only problem is that AMD couldn't 100% fully take advantage of their powerful spec like Radeon HD 7970 for adobe application and Nvidia isn't giving you a very powerful GPU but they able to GPU accelerate but think about it for a second what if Radeon HD 7970 able to enjoy the same benefits as Nvidia GPU? AMD GPU will be much powerful and value for money compare to Nvidia 600 Series which cripple the performance of compute and even price higher than you could possibly imagine. I hope AMD able to get their hardware and software work together flawlessly and deliver a unprecedented performance in GPU Accelerate Software ASAP.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]de5_Roy[/nom]how dare you poke the fragile ego of c.a.l.f. don't you know they break at the slightest flow of air... or vacuum..you sir, should be ashamed of provoking people who put their entire self-worth into disposable tech products and worthless brand loyalty.- i wonder if this is the kind of reaction you were looking for... i'm just covering the angles.[/citation]
hehe...could work, yes! :D

jacklynembrey

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
i like you information which you share with as ans the part of <a href="http://www.hackworth.co/printing/">Banner printing VA</a> it is very helpful for me to read that kind of information like The performance increases are said to be so dramatic that with the proper hardware it should be possible to render DV, HD and even 4K Ultra HD fast enough for it to be done on the fly, real time. This is accomplished using OpenCL.

jacklynembrey

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
i like you information which you share with as ans the part of <a href="http://www.hackworth.co/printing/">Banner printing VA</a> it is very helpful for me to read that kind of information like The performance increases are said to be so dramatic that with the proper hardware it should be possible to render DV, HD and even 4K Ultra HD fast enough for it to be done on the fly, real time. This is accomplished using OpenCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.