Best Answer Bug?

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I've noticed sometimes when I answer an OPs thread, the 'pick best answer' is in my own response box... allowing me to pick my own answer as the best! That's not right.

In fact...
Just now I posted a question of my own on the forum and got 3 answers back. When I went to select best answer, I saw someone had already picked it for me! There was no 'best answer' link for me to choose. I wasn't even allowed to 'reply' to a poster after that.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
If you have 5 or more Best Answers accrued, you can select Best Answers for any questions. We're looking into changing the way this is done, to increase the threshold and change some of the way this is handled.

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012

That doesn't surprise me. I would say there are some major bugs in the new format, then. I have participated in quite a few threads and started many of my own here. But I can relate to your confusion... I just went back to look for the post in question so I could link you to it, and it is gone now. Not in my tracked threads, either. Oh well, not that important. I just wanted to pass on the glitch I came across for what it is worth.

Since the release of the new forum there have been bugs and glitches and one by one they are being worked on and fixed so that we can have a properly functioning forum. It is a good idea to post a bug or glitch that you come across so it can be fixed. In this case there have been many that have posted this and it is a priority to be fixed.
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS