Sign in with
Your question

Is it worth buying the i7 3770 vs the i5 3570?

Last response: in CPUs
April 5, 2013 3:41:31 PM

I would also like to know the differences if they were to be overclocked, plus what are the cheapest prices? Thanks

More about : worth buying 3770 3570

April 5, 2013 3:45:27 PM

in uk i5 around £165+ i7 around £250+ i5 4 cores 4 threads, i7 4 cores 8 threads, this basically means in video rendering and editing and all that creation adobe crap you'll see a performance boost. In gaming you'll see next to none, now for overclocking they will pretty much oc the same.

In my eyes it's not worth it unless you enjoy or get paid for video editing, and if you did you would probably get a 6core i7. All in all i say it's not worth it.
April 5, 2013 3:53:47 PM

902 said:
in uk i5 around £165+ i7 around £250+ i5 4 cores 4 threads, i7 4 cores 8 threads, this basically means in video rendering and editing and all that creation adobe crap you'll see a performance boost. In gaming you'll see next to none, now for overclocking they will pretty much oc the same.

In my eyes it's not worth it unless you enjoy or get paid for video editing, and if you did you would probably get a 6core i7. All in all i say it's not worth it.

Okay thanks, because I was looking at purchasing a gaming PC, so i go with the i5, and spend the left over money on a better GPU. Is it worth buying an OC CPU?
Related resources
April 5, 2013 3:58:31 PM

iSpartan said:
902 said:

Okay thanks, because I was looking at purchasing a gaming PC, so i go with the i5, and spend the left over money on a better GPU. Is it worth buying an OC CPU?

it's always worth oc'ing the cpu, with that money you could get an aftermarket cooler and a better motherboard or gpu, out of curiosity could you post all your specs you plan to build on?

Well the important ones ram mobo gpu etc. thanks
April 5, 2013 4:26:32 PM

902 said:
iSpartan said:
902 said:

it's always worth oc'ing the cpu, with that money you could get an aftermarket cooler and a better motherboard or gpu, out of curiosity could you post all your specs you plan to build on?

Well the important ones ram mobo gpu etc. thanks

This is what I plan on buying: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130693323987?ssPageName=STRK...
Plus $28 for wireless compatibility and $105 for windows home premium 64 bit.
Do you have any recommendations for me? Thanks
My budget it like $900 and I live in Australia
April 5, 2013 4:51:29 PM

I'd say its better to build yourself, it's easy cheaper and the components will be reliable, theres no way to tell what psu these people put in their pc's i reckon a crappy fake 700w it says all new silent 500w, no way it would deliver 300 imo.

If you buy the parts yourself you'll be much better of and proud of your system, also you'll know whats in it. Please don't buy one of these computers with "special intel hd 4000" graphics. Everyone would be happy to help you figure out a build for your budget in the new build section.

EDIT: they were going to charge you $28 for wireless you can get it for $11 and install yourself http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIFI-WIRELESS-N-PCI-ADAPTER-C...

just a quick example but if you are on a budget build yourself.

April 6, 2013 12:17:02 AM

902 said:
I'd say its better to build yourself, it's easy cheaper and the components will be reliable, theres no way to tell what psu these people put in their pc's i reckon a crappy fake 700w it says all new silent 500w, no way it would deliver 300 imo.

If you buy the parts yourself you'll be much better of and proud of your system, also you'll know whats in it. Please don't buy one of these computers with "special intel hd 4000" graphics. Everyone would be happy to help you figure out a build for your budget in the new build section.

EDIT: they were going to charge you $28 for wireless you can get it for $11 and install yourself http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIFI-WIRELESS-N-PCI-ADAPTER-C...

Thanks for your response, it made me rethink purchasing a pre-built machine. I would love to build my own but I don't have any experience doing so apart from taking my laptop apart to some degree. I understand how to build one and what the necessary parts are but I am a bit tentative about putting it together my first computer. I am currently saving up; my budget is around $800 but I would really like to spend less. What sort of rig could I get for quality gaming at that price? Thanks
April 6, 2013 6:47:43 AM

iSpartan said:
902 said:

Thanks for your response, it made me rethink purchasing a pre-built machine. I would love to build my own but I don't have any experience doing so apart from taking my laptop apart to some degree. I understand how to build one and what the necessary parts are but I am a bit tentative about putting it together my first computer. I am currently saving up; my budget is around $800 but I would really like to spend less. What sort of rig could I get for quality gaming at that price? Thanks

To be honest the difference is night and day when buying a pre built system, also you have nothing to worry about, it's like a puzzle that tells you where everything goes, as long as you're not being silly with the parts, eg building up static on purpose and not discharging everytime you touch a part. You'll be fine as long as you don't do that. There are countless videos on this and with your own build you get what YOU want and not what a third party thinks is 'ground breaking' when it's really not. I believe you could save yourself around $100+ building the system yourself.
!