3d touch-screen monitor

Daniel Corkum

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Good day,

Are there any decent desktop monitors under $1K that can provide both 3d and multi-touch capability for hybrid use (touch-applications as well as 3d video gaming)?

Oh really? Do tell. ;)

That being said, you are perfectly correct - because the two technologies don't work in tandem, it's very unlikely that you'll see a monitor with both of those features outside of certain very niche markets.

Daniel Corkum

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Acer's "touch and 3d" series of monitors is really two categories mashed together. Some of them are touch, the others are 3d. Unfortunate because the title makes you think its exactly what I was looking for.

Myself, I am trialing the Acer T232HL. I'd have to say its a decent monitor for anyone who wants to touch their screen. Before beginning the trial I trained myself by having my previous monitor half an inch closer each day until it was within arm's reach. This made the conversion a little easier I think.

I can't see myself using the T272HL because I wouldn't want a 27" within arm's reach. Not unless they start raising the resolution.

bldybg

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
The OP never explicitly said he/she wanted to use touch and 3D at the same time. I, also, want a monitor that can do both, but of course not at the same time. It is still possible anyway, it's just every time you raise your finger to your FOV, you'll lose the 3D effect until you lower it again. So it's mid-2014 now, any news? The T272HL was apparently "falsely" marketed as touch & 3D on Acer's website, but proved to be touch only, I would love to be wrong about it though.