You're given $250, what computer related stuff do you buy with it?

mrlolftw

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Reason i ask, is because i recently received a birthday gift of $250, and ide like to spend it on some PC hardware, although im not entirely sure as to what to buy, so i thought ide ask the community and see how people would spend their money. I dont really need a new CPU as my Sandy i7 is chugging along just fine, but i wouldnt mind something like a new case (something alot smaller then my current one) and maybe a new motherboard (i was looking at Mini ITX cases like the Prodigy so i'de need a new motherboard) Then again, maybe i need to look at something different, but i know that graphics card's are out of the question because i just dont have enough to get a decent one (or atleast one better then my 6950)

So tell me, if a magical man appeared and gave you 250 dollars out of thin air, what would YOU buy?

mrlolftw

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

I've got a really nice Dell 24" hd monitor so i dont really need a monitor, but in terms of graphics cards i was thinking of just picking up a 670 at the end of the year, when they get a bit cheaper

Shadow Raid

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

Have you ever consider crossfire? 6950+6950 = 6990

mrlolftw

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013

I have, but a 6950 for me in Australia is nearly impossible to find, i saw like 1 on eBay that wasnt brand new (all the new ones are like 300-400 dollars for some reason), plus i dislike the enourmous size of my current pc, and ide like to experiment with a miniITX board, and these dont (as far as im aware) support Crossfire