Cyberpower PC worth the price at Costco?

No. It is build all wrong for a gaming PC.
For gaming:

8gb RAM max is needed. 32gb is stupid.

AN i7 is not needed and performs no better than a cheaper i5.

The gtx660 will not max all new games at 1080p.

I likely has a very cheap motherboard and PSU.

You could build a much better gaming PC for this money or less.

Yuj

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I'm a newbie to building a PC, that's why I was looking for pre built ones. Do you recommend any pre built systems around $800 that is worth the price?

To be honest, I do not like prebuilts at all. They don't offer as much as building your own computer. I would head over to Cyberpower's website and customize a computer there. They aren't bad as far as prebuilts go. Remember that the GPU is the single most important thing for a gaming PC.

As you can see, I have an i3 and a 7870. My system would game circles around the one you posted and it only cost me around 700 bucks.

An i7 is never needed. An i5 is the king of gaming CPU's.
8gb RAM is also plenty.

g-unit1111

Titan

I agree 100% here. Pre builts are never a good way to go for a gaming rig. Build your own definitely.

Yuj

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I understand and agree with you guys but like I said, I'm not knowledgable to build my own system. Let's say its not used for gaming, based on what you get for the price is it still a bargain? Correct me if I'm wrong
I7 is around $250-$280
Gtx 660 is around $180
Windows 8 is around $100
32 gb DDR3
800 watt psu
Blue ray drive
2tb HD
Etc....

AJensen

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I'm new to building PC's from scratch too, but based on my math and calculations on several pre-built units, you don't get to maximize price and performance, as they often skimp on things that are important such as MOBO quality, PSU quality, storage...

Your hesitance seems to be spawning a lot from not being very confident in building a PC yourself, and my advice is to watch a ton of videos on Youtube building rigs, make your own checklist of a great process, and to make sure you don't overlook the details. I think I have watched over 20 hours of videos online, read hundreds upon hundreds of posts, and this was even before I wanted to build a PC. Not that this qualifies me to build PCs any time I want, but as a fellow newbie I think doing this will give you a very healthy idea of how to proceed once you have the components in hand. I know how I want to build my PC, what precautions to take (anti-static issues, assembly to fit the case, etc.) and most importantly I will save HUNDREDS building it myself giving the most bang for your buck.

g-unit1111

Titan

I7 is actually more around the $320 - $340 range and isn't recommended for a gaming PC.
You don't need, and most likely never need 32 GB of RAM. Even if it's not gaming - if you're video editing, even Adobe Premiere only makes use of 16GB at the most. Unless you're setting up a RAM disk you won't need that extra RAM. Spend way less on the RAM and CPU and way more on the GPU. A GTX 660 is a below average GPU for a gaming rig. You want a Radeon 7870 XT or better.
A BD-R drive on a PC is a waste of money.
800W is unusually high for a single GPU solution. You can get by with 550W or less.

galeener

Distinguished
If you go to the cyberpower web site they have several gaming base systems with free shipping.
You can then go through and customize the system.
I5 3750k is oc able and is good for gaming if gaming is all your going to do.
8 gigs of name brand ram is a sweet spot for gaming.
Make sure what ever you do do not get the base power supply as these are usually xtreme power branded or cyberpower self branded and are iffy to say the least.Get a name brand power supply and save yourself a ton of headaches. When customizing on their site there are several name brands to choose from as far as mother boards, ssd,video cards, memory and cpu coolers go.
make sure you research all the parts your self because they will build what ever you tell them to. Get the best you can afford.
If you build one out on their site you can post it here and ask if any one sees any issues with it before you order.
Also remember these are usually truck shipped which is hard on pcs so open it up inspect it take pictures make sure every thing is there seated attached what ever before you power it up. Gaming wise lowest gpu i would go is either a radeon 7870hd or a nvidia gtx660 ti.
Power wise I always like to leave a little head room so I would go with a good 650w -700w for a single gpu this leaves enough head room for adding a second gpu down the road or more drives. It may be a little over kill but hey you never know.
JUST above all do not get their generic power supplys.

mastaa

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
Why not just order every part individually and build it yourself? You'll save money, and you'll have a lot more options (and a better rig in the end, if you know what you're doing).
Get something like: i5-3570k or 4670k, hyper 212 evo cpu cooler, gtx760 regular or superclocked, 650w modular PSU 80 plus bronze or better, ASRock extreme3 or better mobo, 8gb (2x4gb) 1600mhz or better (clock speed), and whatever HDD or SSD you feel like (I'd say OCZ vector if SSD)