New GPU Not sending signal via HDMI

Eurlin

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I'm not exactly sure how to put this

Trying to toss some ideas around for this new GPU I got the other day. The GPU recognizes the TV via HDMI, but the TV does not detect the HDMI source. I'm still able to see the screen through the TV, but the TV constantly says unable to detect source. so it's not a TV or HDMI cable error, but an error with the GPU, but the GPU is fully functional given that it's detecting the TV and outputing a source. Any ideas on how to fix this matter? I guess i'm essentially just looking on how to have the GPU give a signal saying "I'm here" to the TV.

It's a HIS 7870 HD Radeon GPU, and 13.1 Drivers, with everything else correctly installed. I am running the card through a VGA Cable to another monitor at the moment to get an answer for my TV though.

I managed to get the TV to work correctly when I had my other Monitor plugged in via DVI. When I unplugged the monitor I lost signal to the HDMI. My only guess is that the HDMI isn't an active display source?

Another issue is that I am constantly crashing windows with this new GPU installed. I even put in the old GPU to make sure it was the GPU. The GPU will function, but if minimize or close everything or even after a prolonged period of time, the screen with tear then shut down and restart the computer. During this process it'll constantly loop and not start up.

I'm wondering if this is hopefully a drivers issue or is the GPU actually broken?

Small update, I haven't crashed since I've stopped using the HDMI, is it possible the HDMI port itself is just broken?

Eurlin

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I'm still having an issue and I can't figure it out. I only know that the TV works fine from other Cards and other PCs

the HDMI is working fine

The computer itself is working fine. I plugged in my old 5850's and had no issues at all.

The 7870 card is causing crashes, and no use of the HDMI port