I-O Data Releases 22-inch Touch Screen Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelSP

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I wonder if touch capabilities will become more standard now that Windows has moved to touch interface. If Mac and Linux go that way too, it could be likely. Still, not very useful for games or even typing. And for me personally, I have my monitor over arms reach away normally (very deep desk) so it'd just never be used.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Very interesting. I hope companies will release more Touch Screen monitors - maybe Acer will keep the T230H display around (maybe you could improve specs, Acer).
The more choices we have, the better...and pricing will keep getting better too so I guess I'm really looking forward to getting some TS hardware...that would be a reason to downgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
This sounds like something I would like to have if I had Windows 8. Monitors like this could really bring out the best of Windows 8, since it seems much more touch friendly than regular desktop friendly.

G

22 inches way too small. After using a 30 inch 2560 x 1600 display for a couple years now, nothing else compares.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Wacom makes the Cintiq 24HD which is way better and you can lay it down flat or angle and use to draw or with CAD programs. I can see a use for that but for general computer use, nope!!!!!! I barely use the tablet I have now, why would I want to turn my computer into that.

groundhogdaze

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
[citation][nom]MikeInParadise[/nom]It looks like it has a raised bezel which could be a problem for windows 8. I have an acer which has this problem.[/citation]
Yea, it looks like it but kinda to tell from the picture. I had a Dell 2320 AIO touchscreen PC. I loaded windows 8 on it but found out soon after that a raised bezel is a definite no-no for w8. It makes it almost impossible to bring up the charms menu and side bars using the touch interface, so NEVER buy a monitor with a raised bezel for W8.

Status
Not open for further replies.