Windows 7 Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkyking29

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
On the bottom right hand corner of my computer it says windows 7 build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine. How can i fix this? I bought the computer four years ago from lenovo, it was a new computer, not secondhand or anything and I have not played with any of the software. There is nothing illegal with it so please don't comment saying I pirated windows because you will not win a fight with IBM. I am hopping there is a setting i can change or something that will fix this problem. I have no illegal software on this computer so it is a problem with in the windows software.

overrun1

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I had the same problem and fixed it. My copy is genuine and activated, worked for about a year, then I got the Windows 7 build 7601 "this copy of Windows is not Genuine" error in the bottom right hand of the screen - just after a major Windows update by the way. Couldn't find the product activation key.

So, I started the Product Activation Wizard, by following these steps:
Click Start
Right-click Computer.
Select Properties.
Then at the bottom of the window, you'll see if it is activated and what the product ID is. I printed the page out for reference, and used 'print screen' and saved it to Word as well. Then I exited that, all ready to pohone Microsoft and re-activate it, and found that the "This copy of Windows is not Genuine" notice had disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.