Cheap IPS vs Expensive TN with high hz and ms?

Hz, input latency and response rate do not affect image quality, but they do make games feel more responsive and reduces/removes ghosting.

If you are getting this for gaming, I personally feel hz is more important, but at the desktop, a more accurate, better viewing angle monitor would be better.

Kafufflez

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013

Would i be able to tell a big difference between the 2 panel types as far as colour vibrancy and overall visual quality go?

Color vibrancy can be good for either, but color accuracy would be better on the 8-bit IPS monitors, as well as a lack of color shift (a good thing not to have).

Kafufflez

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013

So the image quality will be better on the ips but slower.. and the tn will have worse quality but raster and more responsive?

Kafufflez

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013

Ahh ok thnx :) So wich one would you suggest i get for better picture quality? The LG ips?

Kafufflez

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013

Oh ok thnx a ton for the all the replies :) Lastly... Know of any good 1080p 120hz led blacklit ips screens (perferrably lg)?

They don't exist.

The closest thing you can get is getting reject IPS screens that are then overclocked to over 100hz. Catleap, Overlord and some Japanese models have been sold as overclocked IPS screens, but I question how helpful it is. Higher hz does help, but you still have the high response time, high latency, which kind of hinders some of its advantages.